State Roofing Company is an EPA Lead-Safe Certified Firm. As a contractor, State Roofing Company plays an important role in helping to prevent lead exposure. Ordinary renovation and maintenance activities can create dust that contains lead. By following the lead-safe work practices, lead hazards can be prevented. Federal law requires renovation firms be certified and requires individuals to be trained in the use of lead-safe work practices.
Contractors who perform renovation, repairs, and painting jobs on homes built before 1978 should also:
- Provide a copy of the EPA or state lead training certificate to client.
- Tell the client what lead-safe methods you will use to perform the job.
- Learn the lead laws that apply to you regarding certification and lead-safe work practices beginning April 22, 2010.
- Ask the client to share the results of any previously conducted lead tests.
- Provide the client with references from at least three recent jobs involving homes built before 1978.
- Keep records to demonstrate that you and your workers have been trained in lead-safe work practices and that you follow lead-safe work practices on the job.