Need Roof Repair?
Don’t wait until you see a leak to call State Roofing. Regular maintenance helps prolong the life of your roof. It also stops small problems before they become BIG!
Look out for these 7 signs that you need roof repair:
- Curled, Cracked, or Missing Shingles: Take a close look at the shingles, if the shingles are curling at the ends or if they’re cracked, they are nearing the end of their lifespan. If there are missing shingles, that’s a big sign you need some roof repairs.
- Shingle Granules in the Gutter: If you see something that looks like black sand in your gutters, this is a sign that your shingles are wearing. It’s possible you will need a new roof, however, repairs may buy you some time.
- Look for Wear and Tear Around Roof Objects: Areas around the chimney, vent pipes and other objects on your roof are subject to wear first. Take a careful look at these areas. If you see signs of wear, it’s possible minor roof repairs will fix the situation. Get these areas looked at by State Roofing ASAP to avoid leaks.
- Check the Attic: If you don’t go in your attic on a regularly, you need to start. There could be leaking that hasn’t made its way to your ceiling. If you do see some water, it’s possible you need repairs. Also look for light peeking through. If light can come through, water can as well.
- Sagging Rafters: While you are in your attic, take a look at the rafters. If they are sagging that could be a sign of moisture leaking into the attic from the roof.
- Ceiling and Wall Stains: Leaks aren’t always big, and you may not notice a small stain. Take a few minutes now and then to inspect the ceiling and walls for stains. Have your roof checked by State Roofing at the sign of any stains.
- Blistering and Peeling Paint: A poorly ventilated roof allows moisture and humidity buildup near the roofline. If you see peeling paint near the roofline, call State Roofing.
- Call State Roofing Company: Now you know how to determine if you need roof repair. Routine maintenance helps avoid the need for an expensive premature roof replacement. But if you need a new roof, don’t put it off. It could cost you more than a roof if you wait too long!